Are cakes bad for health? How can I turn cake into healthy? I love cake yet, are there any healthy cake recipes? Cake has always been a symbolic element for every fun occasions, whether anniversaries, birthdays, weddings and more. Yet, these sweet delights are not all created to be equal in terms of nutritional value and calorie content. Not all cakes are bad and you don't need to eliminate these comfort foods in your diet. Instead, try to concentrate on selecting cakes that is fruit or vegetable-based. Great examples include banana cake, pumpkin cake, apple cake, carrot cake or fruit cake, that's made from dried fruits. They are equally delicious without compromising your health.
Who said you can't eat cake? Transform your cake using healthier substitutions and try these healthy cake recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Ingredients:• 2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1/4 tsp ground allspice
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon, cinnamon
• 1/2 cup sour milk
• 1/2 cup granulated maple sugar or brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 1/2 cups crushed pineapple
• 2 cups grated carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Brush baking pan with oil and sprinkle with flour.
2. In a basin, mix flour, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg and combine sugar, sour milk, oil and maple sugar.
4. Using a rubber scrapper, combine carrots and pineapple and fold it together with the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Combine two mixtures. After that, pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour and insert a toothpick to test for doneness.
7. Remove pan from oven and leave for 15 minutes. Using a table knife, separate cake from pan.
Instead of using icing, you can use cream cheese to top the cake. It's less in sugar yet equally delicious. This healthy cake recipe is good for 10-12 people.
Ingredients:• 1 cup oatmeal
• 1 1/4 cups hot water
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 stick softened margarine or butter
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup brown sugar
• Pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl, mix oatmeal, hot water and margarine and set aside. Add vanilla eggs and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
3. Combine it to the oat mixture.
4. Pour in a greased pan and bake for 30 -35 minutes in 350F oven.
For the topping:
• 1/2 cup evaporated milk
• 1/2 stick margarine or butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups coconut
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup nut chopped
In a skillet, heat all ingredients under low flame and stir until combined. Spread over the cake. Under a broiler, heat again for 2 - 3 minutes. This healthy cake recipe serves A LOT of people!
If you wanted to transform your usual favorite cake into healthier version, you can always substitute some of sugar ingredients with fruit puree. Although it still depends on the type of cake and your personal liking, you can try fruit juice, nonfat sour cream or flavored yogurt to cut back calories without compromising quality. There are many healthy cake recipes you can try like fruit cakes, sponge cake and angel cake. But regardless of what type of cake, always be in control to avoid overindulgence.
Jasmine is a top expert on weight loss, health living, and diets. She has written numerous articles on the topics of weight loss, health, fitness, and diet.